Welcome to Cadboro Bay
Cadboro Bay is a quiet seaside neighborhood located in a corner of east Saanich, about twenty minutes by car from downtown Victoria. Close to schools, shopping and the oldest yacht club in British Columbia, Cadboro Bay real estate is always in demand.
Homes here are within easy walking distance of an excellent shopping centre that serves as a hub for the community.
Cadboro Bay Village
Originally inhabited for 8,000 years by the Songhees First Nation, Cadboro Bay takes its name from the first European vessel to enter the bay, the Hudson’s Bay Company schooner, Cadboro. After starting as a farming community, nearly a century ago, Cadboro Bay’s sandy beach and stunning beauty convinced entrepreneurs to establish a hotel in the neighborhood, although nothing of it remains today.
Today, Cadboro Bay’s Gyro sandy beach is a popular destination for families, as well as anyone who likes to get out on the water. Cadboro Bay Village offers grocery shopping, a specialty wine seller, a pharmacy and a Starbucks coffee outlet.
Right on the Beach, Close to Recreation
Cadboro Bay is close to a variety of parks and recreation spots.
Cadboro Bay Beach and Gyro Park
Gyro Park is the iconic oceanfront park that lies at the heart of the community. Generations of local children have played on large, marine-themed concrete sculptures at the park. The quiet beach is perfect for wading, building sandcastles, or launching a SUP board.
Henderson Recreation Centre
Nearby Henderson Recreation Centre is just a short trip by car or bicycle from Cadboro Bay. From preschool dance programs, adult exercise classes to seniors golf lessons, Henderson Recreation Centre is a gathering place where everyone is welcome and feels at home.
UVic Dog Park
UVic Dog Park, located quite close to Henderson Recreation Centre, is one of the largest off-leash areas for dogs in Greater Victoria.
Royal Victoria Yacht Club
Located right on the shores of Cadboro Bay, a short drive from Cadboro Bay Village, Royal Victoria Yacht Club is the oldest yacht club in British Columbia.
Members of the yacht club enjoy a wide variety of activities, including yachting, boating, navigation, racing events, cruising excursions, moorage, kayak and stand up paddle boards rentals, and much more.
Uplands Golf Course
Established in 1922, Uplands golf course runs through meadows, iconic Garry Oak trees and long-established fir trees and cedars.
With gentle terrain and no steep hills or valleys to navigate, this is a course that lends itself to walking, and an 18 hole game is often played in four hours or less.
Grocery stores, banks, a pharmacy and many other shops and services can be found close by at Cadboro Village. University Heights and Tuscany Village also offer Cadboro Bay residents plenty of choice when it comes to shopping and running errands.
Additionally, Hillside shopping centre is an easy trip by car from Cadboro Bay.
Schools Serving Cadboro Bay
The community of Cadboro Bay lies within Greater Victoria School District (SD61). There are also prestigious independent schools and postsecondary institutions nearby.
This SD61 school map is a useful way to find schools close to Cadboro Bay.
The excellent schools located in or near Cadboro Bay include:
Frank Hobbs Elementary
Located right in Cadboro Bay, Frank Hobbs Elementary is known for a focus on academic achievement, social and environmental responsibility, and participation in fine arts, sports and fitness.
Glenlyon Norfolk Junior School (GNS)
Located right on the ocean, the GNS Junior Kindergarten to Grade 5 classrooms provide wonderful examples of learning in action.
Arbutus Middle School
Cadboro Bay is served by the Arbutus Middle School catchment. Located a short drive west from Cadboro Bay, Arbutus is “focused on teaching students the skills they need to become informed, active global citizens able to consider issues from a variety of perspectives and empowered to act in order to make a difference locally and internationally.”
St. Michaels University School
Also close by is St. Michaels University School (SMUS), an independent K-12 boarding and day school focusing on university prep.
Mount Douglas Secondary School
Mount Douglas Secondary School is known for its sports programs, as well as an impressive list of alumni including Jeff Mallet, one of the founders of Yahoo!, singer Nelly Furtado, LA-based songwriter David Foster, and Riyo Mori – Miss Universe 2007 (Miss Japan).
University of Victoria and Camosun College
Commuting from Cadboro Bay
It’s an easy fifteen-minute drive by car to downtown Victoria via Cadboro Bay Road or McKenzie Avenue.
Buying a Home? Contact Us Today!
If you’re looking to buy a home in Victoria you need someone who understands both the market and the individual neighbourhoods. With a 30+ year career in real estate (and almost 25 years in Victoria), Michael can get you into your dream home.
Michael and his team will take the time to understand your needs and your budget and be prompt in alerting you to listings that match your criteria. You’ll never feel any pressure as the McMullen team supports you through the challenging process of finding and purchasing your home.
Contact us today to get help.
3910 Rowley Road in VICTORIA: SE Cadboro Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 401236$1,198,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,919 sq. ft.271 m2THIS SPECTACULAR FAMILY HOME IN CADBORO BAY - The spacious main rooms of this well maintained home are perfect for entertaining. Gracious living room with gleaming hardwood floors and propane fireplace overlooks a sunny south-facing courtyard patio. Bright sun-filled family room is surrounded by windows on three sides and multiple skylights in the vaulted ceiling. Heart of the home is a modern kitchen with granite breakfast bar. The main house offers 5 bedrooms, master plus two more bedrooms on the main level and two bedrooms downstairs PLUS an additional self-contained in-law suite. Many recent updates including recently renovated main bathroom new vanity, granite counter tops and heated tile floors. Private, level fenced yard features a tiered deck with hot tub overlooking a lovely green space, mature landscaping and water feature. Located a short walk to Frank Hobbs Elementary School, Cadboro Bay Village, Gyro Beach and UVic. More details
3812 Sinclair Place in VICTORIA: SE Cadboro Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 400474$1,880,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 3,699 sq. ft.344 m2Perched high atop Sinclair Hill, this meticulously cared for home awaits. Privacy & serenity are just two of the sentiments this home & location gives off. You will find the curb appeal from the outside is gorgeous & inviting. Walk up the grand stairs to the front door, once inside you will be captivated by the unbelievable views of Ocean & Olympic mountains. This home features 5 beds 4 baths & the potential for additional accommodation. Creature comforts include radiant in-floor heat throughout, jetted tub and steam shower. On main you will be awestruck by the stunning views from spacious chef's kitchen. The main floor also features grand dining rm, living rm w/cozy gas FP and family room w/open concept to the kitchen. Walk out to your patio to enjoy the peaceful, private setting. Lower offers bright rec room, bath & dbl car garage w/workshop. Backing on UVic, close to parks, trails, Cadboro Bay village & Beach, this property offers a truly West coast lifestyle. More detailsListed by The Agency
2718 Hibbens Close in VICTORIA: SE Cadboro Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 399773$2,745,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,808 sq. ft.261 m2Perched on a 50 ft. bluff, this Cadboro Bay waterfront home has southern exposure, spectacular views of the Victoria Yacht Club,snow capped Olympic Mtns & 10 Mile Pt.This well loved architectural 4 bdrm/2 bath home is just steps to one of Victoria's most sought after sandy beaches. On a .24 acre, the property is fully fenced w/security,paths & walkways to enjoy the mature landscaping,water features & the most amazing beach. As you enter the home you will be amazed by 14 ft. vaulted ceilings, floor to ceiling windows in the livingrm & a large deck w/patio overlooking the water. The main level has a bdrm/den,a designer kitchen, with newer appliances and a family room opening onto the garden. A sweeping winding staircase takes you to the 2nd level where you find the Master Bdrm, w/ its own enclosed sunfilled balcony plus two more bedrooms w/ a shared balcony. A lovely private, quiet retreat just steps to the beach, parks, shops,Yacht Club,Uplands golf course, restaurants, and schools. More detailsListed by Newport Realty
3935 Scolton Road in VICTORIA: SE Cadboro Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 399693$1,199,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 2,834 sq. ft.263 m2Temporarily off market. Come home to the charm of this beautifully reimagined character home in Cadboro Bay. Generous in size and functionality, this 5 bed, 4 bath home sits on a corner lot between Cadboro Bay Village and Queenswood. This traditional floorplan offers an elegant space for entertaining, as it flows over gorgeous fir floors between family, dining, living, and kitchen. A distinctly modern and gleaming kitchen with quartz countertops and stainless steel kitchen-aid appliances is a chef's dream. The spacious master bedroom and ensuite are located on the main floor and have their own private veranda, ideal for your morning coffee. Outdoor amenities include a fully fenced/private low maintenance yard, workshop, mature trees, a large front porch, parking for 4. Stroll down the street to Maynard Park, Cadboro Bay Village, Frank Hobbs Elementary, Gyro Park, Telegraph Cove, or just walk in any direction and find a beach. More detailsListed by Engel & Völkers Vancouver Island
3899 Cadboro Bay Road in VICTORIA: SE Cadboro Bay Single Family Detached for sale (Saanich East) : MLS®# 396923$2,350,000Residential
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 4,155 sq. ft.386 m2Pleased to introduce this Luxurious & Custom built Modern residence in the heart of the highly desirable Cadboro Bay Village! Take advantage of the lifestyle offered; enjoy your direct Southern exposed Ocean Views through your floor-to-ceiling windows that accent your large & open great room. This extraordinary home features an exquisite Chef's kitchen with beautiful Marble counters, floating wood shelves, custom cabinetry & SS apps. Along with a bright, warm and well thought out master suite with a spa inspired ensuite, large walk-in closet and barn sliding doors to enjoy your views! A separate legal 2Bed (1 no closet) Suite is perfect for the extended family, teenagers or as some revenue with UVIC just around the corner. Some recent updates include all new floating blinds, repainted interior, landscaping and fencing. A 2-car garage and large driveway allow room for all your toys, a low maintenance yard and Steps to Gyro Beach/park & Peppers market. More detailsListed by Pemberton Holmes - Cloverdale